Saturday, July 9, 2011

the reason we gift...


So today is July 10, I'm waiting for 1/2 of my family to return from a youth conference in Ontario. Had a great week, did some gardening, did some quilting, did some reading, did very little cooking (yahoo) did some pool watching and some dog sitting...yep, I like this vacation thing. Got me to remembering last summer's vacation with all the family, for the occasion of Catherine' and Alex's wedding. Their invitations were black and white, their apartment is black and white and of course, the wedding was all done in black and white... so classy. SO, it seemed only fitting that I should make a black and white quilt (0f course!). Problem was, they'd asked for "envelope" gifts... but, being the rule breaker that I am, I decided "I can do that" and made a lovely "envelope" to fold my quilt into. It was kind of interesting trying to find room on the "envelope" table at the wedding... It was well received however and I hope it is a reminder to the young couple of support of family far away, as they begin their life together.

So, here's the quilt, taken on the ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria. Ah, what a glorious day and what a great place for a pic, and of course, the lovely couple :)



No comments: