Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fabric that kept on quilting...

Building a quilt as an original design has many components.  The story of these three quilts reflects the adage of "it's never over 'till it's over...
My friend Norma, bought a quilt kit complete with pattern and fabric, I loved the fabric, I watched all weekend at retreat as she made the quilt pattern that came with the quilt.  It was beautiful.  Then, at the end of the weekend, she threw the bag of “scraps” at me and said “they’re yours now”. So I designed a quilt around the scraps and it took me three years to put together ( and in that time it also claimed an owner…Happy Birthday to my niece Heather Fast…) So, I still had some scraps left over and, thought I’ll just include them randomly for the backing….but it turned out to be quite beautiful and I couldn’t sacrifice it for a backing, so, it became another quilt…Third Time’s the charm…and I still had some scraps leftover for the back…
But I think it's over now.




Modern design with quirky pea vine appliqué and cucumber vine machine quilting motif.

The back art
Heather, you're so tall and lean, I had to make something to match, and I should deliver it sometime too!



And the third time it's all done, all that was left was a few squares for back art :)








No comments: