Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How to win the "take care of yourself" challenge?

Treatment #3 has certainly presented challenges to well-being.  I was fighting a cold going in and after treatment it certainly seemed to take over. My usual robust immune system has not been able to  triumph.  Yesterday I thought I was finally over the tipping point and almost ready to say "as healthy as I can be right now" and this morning, stuffy nose and foggy eyes, Lindsey's sick too, how do you stay away from that when you live in the same house and you have to comfort your kid when she feels crappy...  This whole journey of decision making, how much to do before it's too much?  How important is it to "get up and go" with mental and physical energy and when do you rest, rest, rest?  I fear that I'm losing in the "take care of myself" task...maybe it would be easier if I'd move out?  Anyone have a house to sit? hmm...nope that won't work, Doug's out of town Wednesday to Friday this week, I'm still a Mom and have a family to take care of  too :)  Good thing, I'd be bored all by myself...right?
Had a great visit with my cousin and her husband, from Calgary.  The friendship formed when we lived in Calgary has stood the test of time for the whole family, so fun to interact with all of us.
Time to warm up the tea, maybe even time to take a nap before 10 am... what a life...

2 comments:

heather said...

We have a spare room here but we also have colds :)
Balance is a tricky thing never mind in a new context like this. Forget one day at a time... why not one moment at a time or one nap at a time?!
I wish it wasn't this way right now. Know that I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.
Glad you had a great visit with friends.

Brenda said...

sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I have one idea that may work to help you take care of yourself. I'll let you know.
meanwhile, you might consider turning off your word verification on your comments. they're really hard to read since Blogger went to two words.