Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Val's canser journey

Welcome friends et al: it's been a long time.

(spelling canser wrong is a good way to diminish its power... think? let's try toomer...kemo...raidiashun.. how's that working so far?)

The past few months have been full of adjustments, emotions, new experiences and some grieving. Someone asked me why I wasn't blogging and sharing my walk with others...at the time I was just not ready. As I head into Chemo treatment #3, I think I might be ready...

There are times in our lives where Doug and I have experienced the support of community, and times where I hope we have been able to reciprocate. This cancer diagnosis for me has once again overwhelmed us with generosity and support of those around us. Once again we are reminded of the strength offered in faith and love. One of my kid's teachers went through cancer treatments a number of years ago and during conversation last week, said he almost missed being in the midst of that experience because they had lived every day entirely immersed in their faith and entirely committed to believing in conquering his disease. I don't use that language in my head or verbally, but I could relate to the preoccupation of the journey. I would have to say that the place of God in this journey has been raised numerous times...I'm not sure if I will discover "the" answer but I have already found comfort in the questions.

So, for now, I will be using this site for my updates, uploading a new calendar for every treatment schedule. I hope that this will be a simple way for those of you who wish to keep up on where things are at. As always, I treasure your responses and comments either here on this site of by email to vpank@mts.net. Your walking this journey with me(us) is the Shepherd's staff that I lean on.

So here I will try to keep a running calendar posted so you can see what's up for us in the family.

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=personaltouchbyval%40gmail.com&ctz=America/Winnipeg

1 comment:

heather said...

Hi Val
Thanks for sharing this with us.
I like how your new take on the spellings!
HeatherCE