Saturday, March 24, 2012

Treatment #5 postponed...again...sigh


Well, I went in for treatment again today, Friday, and once again, Blood counts were still too low so Dr decided to wait till Tuesday for my next chemo treatment. Acceptable levels of "Neutrophils"  for treatment (or better known as the immune system count) are 1.0 and I was .9... normal levels for most of you are between 1.5 and 8.00.  I imagine it's all for the best and will do my best to rest and let the body bounce back from that last treatment. Still no fever and I feel fine otherwise, kind of tired, so had a nap today...x2 which is why I'm up at this hour...sigh.  Oh well, at least the strawberries I'm snacking on still taste like strawberries... and the ribs for supper (Thanks Sheila and Phil!) were the absolute best ever!
The school bound family folks are all excited about being off for Spring Break... I bet that means there will be coffee brewed and maybe even breakfast made for me in the morning...
I think I'll turn the heat on in the loft space and meander up there with my morning coffee and finish the benefit quilt for the Westgate Bursary fundraising banuqet on May 1...anyone want a ticket to the banquet?  let me know.  Want a preview of the quilt?  Here's a hint on the picture below..."same, same, but different, very different"...

No comments: